20 Jan 2018 some stories in HaNoi and tips

Before getting in Vietnam, you need a visa. Below is a list of visa free passport. (address may be updated time-to-time)


VISA:
However, if you need visa, there are a lot of online agencies on the Internet. Just found a cheap one and apply it through online application. I spent USD 6 for my online visa application.  I don't advise any agency here. I can share my experience with you if you contact me(in case you really want to know how to choose). After payment, you will get a visa letter with a chop. Print it, bring it and fill &print the form if agencies provided.

Online visa application is not applicable for land port (actually only applicable for 3 international airport ports). Reminded it and don't let it ruin your journey. You also need to pay USD 25 for single entry. Websites provide many details please check for them.

Some stories happen when landed in the airport. There was a long long queue for on arrival visa. If you want to save time and have money, please get your visa from the official channel. Finally, I spent 2hours for immigration check and visa.


SIM Card and Money:
Nobai International airport, you can buy SIM card here (VND or USD) and ATM also available. Be attention that some ATM needs to have service charge such as BIDV. There are exchange stores as well but you need to ask service charge and compare the exchange rate. Bus 86 is directly to Hanoi old district. 30k VND for a single ticket in JAN 2018.
Bus 86 Ticket
Got into bus. A staff came to collect the money. This old guy is very nice. He was a Vietnamese businessman. He lived in Poland for many years. He said he had some properties in Saigon and Hanoi. I think he is rich.
He said he loves Europe because of freedom. He tried to chat with me although he does not speak fluent English. That's how natural of communication. Sometimes you just need to have body language with few simple words to communicate with others. Don't let language as a barrier for you to see the world.
By the way, he said China is without freedom. I totally agree.
Again. Ha Trung street in old district with best exchange rate


U see? Gong Cha in Hanoi

First Pho (Vietnamese rice noodles) in Hanoi 40k VND. Taste is okay. Yup, there are raw beef on the noodles. Just wait for a while.
Hostel got this view of church. They require to keep your passport until you check out. I say no in beginning but they said 500K VND deposit can replace. I'm so poor. At least they can't easily sell my passport. So, I leave my passport. Only one night. That's fine.
Also, ticket was booked for tomorrow to Ha Long (USD 65) and later to Sapa (bus ticket only USD 18). It's not the cheapest agency but how can you find the cheapest? Forget about it. Reasonable price is fine.
Meet some people in Hostel's bar. Then we went to a very very good bar in Ngo Huyen. Oh, they are working in Vietnam currently and stay there. Really a nice 1st day in Hanoi except the experience of long queue.
Thanks guys. It's really a nice night.

Time to get some sleep. Wake up early for next day for a nice tour.

Some thought: I really wanna get some changes in this year. This trip is the first tool; this blog is also a tool. I'm trying find myself through changes. That's why I wrote so much (never before). Today is 30/1/2018. A month passed in 2018. Something is still struggling. I do not know it is right or wrong but if I don't do that, I would blame myself in the future definitely (also right or wrong who knows?) Trying to be happy. Nothing is more important than that.

Ly Thai To Park. Some children played a ball. Simple is the best.






Comments

Popular Posts