23 JAN 2018 SAPA - CAT CAT Village

Time flies...Happy year of dog guys

There were a lot of things happened in 23. After I had a hot Pho, I went to Sapa city center (1street only). The sky becomes blue and sun comes up. Yeah. Nice weather.

It's not hard to see some ethic group people wear traditional customs.

Famous church in Sapa. Notre Dame Cathedral.

Construction everywhere.

Weather was so cold. Coffee again. Very nice for only 20K VND.

Very Nice hotel with a wonderful hill background. But I did not stay in Sapa for this night.


Pho was not enough because weather was cold. This costed me 10K. It's red sticky rice with good taste.

The view is very wonderful because Sapa is an old town built by French (VN was FR's colony before). This was like a resort village with high attitude.


Tips for planning Sapa trip!! Sapa is for natural view rather than shopping, eating or having fun by amusement rides. Also, the mountain and river located in different area. You can take taxi to there or by walking. Normally people hire a domestic tour guide (~10 USD) per person for a local trekking group. You can also see the map and rent a motorbike (look around the Sapa town there are few shops for this) to travel around. However, you need to have much driving experience because the road situation is not very good with many holes. See the map and plan which villages you want to visit. I think there is no exact 'must to see' in Sapa. Everything is beautiful, unless you don't like natural view.


I first visit Cat Cat village (Hmong people village; 2km away from Sapa). Then, I walked from Sapa to Ta Van which is my place to stay that night.


Way to Cat Cat; a beautiful coffee shop.

About 30minutes walking from Sapa.

Finally reach Cat Cat; Entrance fee is 70K (2 bowls of Pho!!!!).

Animals everywhere. I was surprised as a person from city.

Lazy animal and slow life in Cat Cat. I wish I could stay here for few months.

Primary school. A comprehensive society. 


Special big water tanks.

Famous waterfall



 This is a handmade toy of Hmong person to his daughter. 

This shop owned by a nice Hmong young guy. He has 1daughter and 1son. I bought a 20K soft drink. He let me to try the flute and old style shisha (water smoke). A very nice person gave me a good experience.
His daughter and him.

Ticket office of Cat Cat.


 Blue sky; nice weather and people; village style; slow living without nice material around. It's just a dream for every people in city. I used to live a village in my childhood. Why the city is rich and people are not happy? This makes me think and think a lot until now. And recently I have decided to make some big changes in my life. That sounds crazy for many people in city. But all of us are the same, live for being happy.



Wonderful view to end this passage.






Comments

Popular Posts