23 JAN 2018 Sapa - Cold and Cold

I am not afraid of dark, but I am the same as all people; I am afraid of cold. This famous advisement slogan describes my first feeling in Sapa.

 I was kicked from the bus around 5:30. This photo is auto mode.
 Shutter was turned for 2seconds.... Same time
Shutter was turned for 5seconds....Same time

 So, you know how dark is it. And, it's fucking cold. It's around 0 to 1 and very lucky that was no snow. I really want to see snow but I should be dead if I see that.
Sapa is a small town with different ethnic groups. It located in Lao Cai Province. It is close to China just 3 to 4 hours driving distance.
  
Sapa Lake in Dark view.


 Sun come up fast. 20minutes changed to totally different view.
However, it's cold. It's cold. It's fucking cold. I only had this feeling when I was in Berlin in 2016. That's the feeling you felt you will die soon. Money is not important. Please give me hot food and warm place. Left hand side is a Pho costed my 40000vnd. Food in Sapa is not cheaper than Hanoi. I think because of a tourist city? The construction is everywhere in Sapa. Here will be totally different after few years.

My friend was in Sapa in the same time. She told me electricity will stop in the midnight. The infrastructure is not that good here although this is a tourist city.

I booked a homestay for one night and it is located 6km away from city centre. I decided to walk there for doing my own trekking trip.


2018 price list from Sapa town to the villages nearby. Attention please for the budget traveller!! The price should be cheaper 10k VND if you bargain with driver. However I think it is only applicable in low season (Peak season such as summer holiday will be more expensive? please teach me if you have this experience.). This boards can be found in city centre (few boards). This one is at the cross road near to the plaza.





Comments

Popular Posts